Almost all new moms are worried about their milk supply. Is my baby getting enough milk? As a new mom you’re dealing with two bodies, one is yours and your baby. Uncertainty, stress, the self-doubt of producing sufficient milk for the baby is obvious and natural. To make your query solved fully then head to a good lactation and seek advice for some Breastfeeding foods that increase breast milk supply without any harm.
Sharing is caring: if you like my efforts to share the graphic with friends and relative
Diet foods that lactation prescribed
These foods not only impact the quantity of breast milk but enhance quality also. Surely your kid gets a big boost in life with nutritious milk. On the other hand, these foods make post-recovery easy for the mother.
To dignify your breast milk supply, it’s important to know what are the issues resulting in low milk supply.
Before we dive into the topic-foods that increase breast milk supply, we have to know what causes Low your milk supply?
- improper latch
- breastfeeding positions
- breastfeeding schedule
- pumping session
- fussy feeding in the evening
- no leakage from your nipple
- no milk or low while pumping
All the above factors can be responsible for low milk supply. In conclusion, it might not be your milk production that is less but the ways you breastfeed your baby!
How to know that your body is making sufficient milk for your baby?
- breastfeeding is comfortable and painless
- your baby demands frequently for feeding
- the baby comes off his own after each feed
- the baby passes the urine many times a day and the stool is light yellow with lumps.
- Some baby poop once in 15 days and some several times in a day. because no baby is the same. There is nothing to worry both situations are normal (my baby pooped once in a month),
- It’s also very important to notice whether the baby is latching properly or not.
How To Increase Milk Production?
Here are a few tips that can do better to increase milk supply:-
- The right positions for feeding are most important for the baby to latch well on the nipple. If more milk is removed from the body adequate breast milk is produced. If your baby can’t do it properly, then should hand express to stimulate the milk.
- Feeding the baby on demand is always results in a good flow of milk supply.
- Try to feed on both breasts. After he’has finished one side, offer the other side also.
- Avoid bottles and pacifiers too early to avoid any type of nipple confusion for the baby.
- Use the breast pump to empty the milk from the breasts. Pumping the breasts is the best way to increase milk supply as the pump stimulates the breast milk.
Top Lactogenic Breastfeeding Nutritious Foods For Milk Production
While no study proves that the following foods can improve your milk supply. But these foods used for generations by nursing mothers and found these foods are effective.
These foods are organic and can be consumed as a part of your diet. These don’t include as a supplement.
1. Fenugreek Seeds-Breastfeeding Nutritious Foods
Fenugreek seeds are using by moms for a generation across the world to increase breast milk supply. Because it is rich in omega-3, and fatty acids. Both ingredients are important for your baby’s development.
Fenugreek leaves are rich in beta-carotene, vitamin B, calcium, and iron. Fenugreek is the main ingredient in foods and tricks that help to promote the milk supply.
2. Fennel Seed-Nutriticious Breastfeeding foods
Fennel is a herb rich in galactagogue a substance that helps to increase breast milk supply and nursing moms are using this seed for centuries to increase milk supply.
Apart from used to increase milk production, fennel seeds can reduce gas and colic. Fenugreek helps the baby to pass gas easily when it passes through the breastmilk.
It can be used in many ways:-
- as a flavoring agent into a meal
- in the form of the vegetable
- As a tea
- can be chewed raw to get rid of gas and colic
3. Green Leafy Vegetables
Green leafy vegetables like, spinach, kale, cabbage, beet greens, fenugreek leaves, mustard green, are rich in minerals like iron, calcium, and folate. These veggies are a good source of carotene and riboflavin.
Old women advised eating one or two portions of green leafy vegetables every day to enhance milk supply.
These are rich in nutrition and consider a powerhouse for a lactation mom. As nursing moms often very hungry due to the increased caloric demand and lack of time to cook.
Avocado contains 80% fat and helps to maintain a feeling of fullness without cooking a lot. It is a good source of vitamin B, vitamin K, folate, potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin E.
A very nutritious and blood purifier veggie that is rich in fiber, and minerals. A good source for milk production and enhance the mom’s milk with blood purification properties that are benefited to the baby.
These contain lots of minerals, vitamins, and proteins. Some types of lentils contain dietary fiber. This ingredient is healthy and thus helpful to increase milk production also.
These are not considered directly as lactogenic foods, but certain types of mushrooms are good sources of polysaccharide beta-glucan (an agent with good galactagogue property).
Tasty and healthy fruit rich in fructose, fiber, and of course a lot of water. It keeps you hydrated and helps to increase milk production. Staying hydrated by eating watermelon can help moms who are struggling with lactation problems.
9. Curry Leaves- Breastfeeding Foods that increase milk supply
Curry leaves are rich in minerals that can help to increase breast milk supply. The leaves are smelling good and delicious known to boost melanin, help to improve blood circulation and increase the body’s functional ability to break nutrients down.
10. Breastfeeding foods-Oats & Barley
Barley when used as whole grain and not in the form of alcohol state, help to boost milk production. It is rich in B-glucan, a polysaccharide that helps increasing prolactin that helps moms to produce more milk. You can make barley soup, salad or mix with oats and have it in your meals.
Oats also serve for the same purpose. You can have oatmeal with milk and let there be milk. You can try oats cookies or crumbles etc.
11. Papaya-one of the best foods that increase breast milk supply
Scientists recently started to discover the benefits of papaya with that of increased milk supply. Indian moms used papaya, cooked & raw for years in order to stimulate good milk flow.
12. Milk is included in breastfeeding foods that increase milk supply
As everyone knows milk is naturally rich with minerals like folic acid, calcium, and healthy fats, that increase breast milk supply and benefited as nutritionally balanced for the baby.
Drinking a glass of milk every day, surely increase your milk production.
Don’t overlook the water, staying hydrated is absolutely important to improve milk supply.
So, don’t forget to drink plenty of water throughout the day with a moderate interval.
Staying hydrate itself is a condition that can increase breast milk supply.
Other foods that increase breast milk supply are:-
- Drumsticks or Moringa
- Red beets
- Sesame seeds
- Poppy seeds
- Caraway seeds
- Coriander seeds
- Blessed Thistle